Effective July 24, 2008, the minimum wage is $6.55.
What has changed on the Maryland Labor Law Poster?
- Maryland’s revised labor law poster now includes the new minimum wage of $6.55/hr, previously $6.15 per hour.
- The new increase has gone into effect due to Maryland’s minimum wage federal minimum wage being higher than the state’s minimum wage rate. The federal minimum wage also increased to $6.55 per hour on July 24.
- Tipped employees’ minimum wage has increased to $3.28/hr, previously $3.08/hr. This change can be found on the revised Wage & Hour Fact Sheet.
New Categories Have Been Added
- Race and gender have been added to the list of records employers must keep for three years.
Employment of Minors Posters
- Information regarding applications for work permits has been added to the Employment of Minors Poster —All minors under 18 years of age, can now be obtained online.
Maryland Labor Law Poster
- Information regarding the issuance of work permits by the Ocean City Police Department and some government-sponsored jobs programs has been deleted from the poster.