Q. I heard that new regulations for California Notice B go into effect July 1. Will there be a new poster for this?
A. Yes. According to the CA Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), a revised Notice B (Family Care and Medical Leave & Pregnancy Disability Leave) will be issued by July 1.
Q. Has the new poster come out yet?
A. No it hasn’t. However, the DFEH has told us it must issue a revised Notice B by July 1. We will update our California state labor law poster as soon as it is available.
Q. What laws are covered by Notice B?
A. California Family Rights Act (CFRA) Leave & Pregnancy Disability Leave. These laws apply to employers with 50 or more employees and all public agencies.
Q. Do you know about any other pending changes for the California state poster?
A. Yes. Three additional changes are on the way:
- Notice B – The DFEH told us Notice B will be revised again with changes expected to be effective Jan. 1, 2016.
- Notice A – The DFEH told us Notice A will be revised with changes expected to be effective Jan. 1, 2016.
- Injuries Caused by Work (Workers Comp) – New regulations will be effective Jan. 1, 2016 and a new poster is anticipated before that date.
We will continue to closely monitor the progress of these posters.
Q. How can I get more information about these changes?
A. There are two easy ways:
- You can sign up for our free Labor Law Update Notifications and we’ll keep you posted.
- Read our Labor Law Posters Blog for the latest news.
Tired of keeping track? Let us do the work and get you what you need when you need it! Just sign up for our 1-Year Compliance Plan with free automatic updates and leave the rest to us!