Q: I heard there will be a new California Notice B poster before July 1. Has that poster come out yet?
Q: Do we need to update our CA labor law poster?
A: No. According to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), employers are still in compliance with Notice B dated 11/12.
Although the DFEH recently told us Notice B would have a mandatory update by July 1 when new regulations go into effect, they told us this week that the updated version the state just issued is not a required change.
Q: Does this mean Notice B is still in compliance?
A: Yes. Notice B (revision 11/12) on our current California state labor law poster is still in compliance, even after July 1.
Q: Is the updated poster still called Notice B?
A: No. The new notice is now called ‘Family Care and Medical Leave (CFRA Leave) and Pregnancy Disability Leave’ and the notice date is 7/15.
Q: Which employers are covered by the laws on Notice B?
A: CFRA Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave apply to employers with 50 or more employees and all public agencies.
Q: Do you know about any other pending changes for California labor law posters?
A: Yes. Three additional changes are on the way:
- Notice B – The DFEH told us Notice B will be revised again with changes expected to be effective Jan. 1, 2016.
- Notice A – The DFEH told us Notice A will be revised with changes expected to be effective Jan. 1, 2016.
- Injuries Caused by Work (Workers Comp) – New regulations will be effective Jan. 1, 2016 and a new poster is anticipated before that date.
We will continue to closely monitor the progress of these posters.
Q: How can I get more information about these changes?
A: There are two easy ways:
- You can sign up for our free Labor Law Update Notifications and we’ll keep you posted.
- Read our Labor Law Posters Blog for the latest news.
Tired of keeping track? Let us do the work and get you what you need when you need it! Just sign up for our OneSystem 1-Year Compliance Plan with free automatic updates and leave the rest to us.