Labor laws are changing more frequently, leaving businesses with the daunting task of staying up to date with their required labor law posters. With an average of 2 to 3 mandatory changes per year, are free labor law poster downloads the optimal way to maintain labor law compliance?
Downloading free labor law posters from the U.S. Department of Labor’s website is a popular compliance method. You might think it’s easy enough to download the FMLA poster and minimum wage poster but…
Is this all you need?
Did you know…
- There are actually 6 required notices on the federal poster?
- States can have as many as 6 to 10, or more, required notices issued by multiple agencies?
- You are required to download, print, and display ALL of these notices in an area accessible to all employees?
- In some industries labor law posters are required to be laminated?
Putting the sections together can become a small art project to say the least! In addition to the extra work:
- How will you know when there has been a mandatory change to one of these notices?
- Are you required to post a first aid sign? Or a forklift safety sign?
- What about city posters?
You’ll have to frequently check your state and federal Department of Labor websites along with the websites of other state and federal agencies. To find out about other required posters and city posters you’ll have to do even more research.
Are you tired yet?
Knowing whether your free labor law posters are current can be tricky, especially because many agencies don’t have revision dates on the notices. You’ll have to compare, word by word, the older notice to the new.
For most employers this can be a time consuming process.
The question to ask yourself when deciding whether or not to download free labor law posters is…
How much is your time worth to you?
Purchasing your labor law posters from a reputable poster company can temporarily solve this problem. You won’t have to assemble your own posters. What a relief!
But how will you know when there is a mandatory change?
You’ll still have to patrol the different agency’s websites and replace posters each time there is a mandatory change. Ordering labor law posters multiple times each year is both time consuming and costly.
So what is the solution?
A labor law poster service is the perfect compromise.
- The responsibility of compliance is placed on a compliance expert.
- Free automatic updates mean you don’t have to keep buying new compliance posters each time there is a change.
- All you have to do is put your newly updated poster on the wall.
How do you decide which compliance company to go with? Where can you find the perfect combination of economic efficiency and reliability?
Poster Compliance Center has been the employer’s most dependable resource for over 20 years. With live customer service and a research team that stays up to date with all of the latest changes, you can enjoy worry free compliance.