Includes mandatory New York City, NY labor law posting requirements. Please see the New York City, NY Mandatory Posting Requirements tab for more information.
- New York City NY poster is 18″w by 24″h
- Quality full-color printing
- Available in laminated for durability or environmentally-friendly unlaminated Go Green
For questions about compliance posters, please call Poster Compliance Center at (800) 322-3636.
New York, NY – Safe and Sick Leave (October 2020)
- This notice covers part- and full-time workers employed by non-profit and for-profit businesses of any size, as well as domestic workers working in NYC households.
- Each calendar year, all employers must provide 40 hours of safe and sick leave.
- Effective 1/1/2020, employers with more than 100 employees must provide up to 56 hours of leave.
- Safe and Sick leave is accrued at a rate of 1 hour for every 30 hours worked.
- Unused safe or sick leave can be carried over to the next year.
- You have a right to paid leave if
- Your employer has five or more employees OR fewer than five employees but a net income of $1 million or greater or
- You work in someone’s home as a domestic worker.
- You have a right to unpaid sick leave if
- Your employer has fewer than five employees and a net income of less than $1 million.
- Sick and safe leave can be used
- To get medical care for yourself
- To care for a family member who is sick
- When your job or your child’s school closes due to a public health emergency
- For your safety or a family member’s safety due to domestic violence, sexual harassment, stalking, or human trafficking.
- Employers can require advanced notice of planned safe and sick leave, but employees are not required to provide advanced notice in emergency situations.
- Employees are NOT required to give details regarding their use of safe and sick leave
- Employees who use more than three days of safe and sick leave in a row can be required to provide documentation to their employer. Employees must be reimbursed for any associated costs.
- Employers must
- Give employees a written safe and sick leave policy that explains employee benefits
- Inform employees of how much safe and sick leave they have used and how much they have remaining.
- Employers cannot retaliate against employees who request, use, or report policy violations of safe and sick time.
Mandatory New York City NY Labor Law Notices
- Minimum Wage
- Pregnancy Accommodations at Work
- Temporary Changes to Work Schedule
- Stop Sexual Harassment Act
Must also post State and Federal Labor Law Posters
Temporary Changes to Work Schedule – Aug 2018
Stop Sexual Harassment Act – Aug 2018
Pregnancy Accommodations at Work – Dec 2017