New York City Labor Law Poster
New York, NY – Safe and Sick Leave (October 2020)
- This notice covers part- and full-time workers employed by non-profit and for-profit businesses of any size, as well as domestic workers working in NYC households.
- Each calendar year, all employers must provide 40 hours of safe and sick leave.
- Effective 1/1/2020, employers with more than 100 employees must provide up to 56 hours of leave.
- Safe and Sick leave is accrued at a rate of 1 hour for every 30 hours worked.
- Unused safe or sick leave can be carried over to the next year.
- You have a right to paid leave if
- Your employer has five or more employees OR fewer than five employees but a net income of $1 million or greater or
- You work in someone’s home as a domestic worker.
- You have a right to unpaid sick leave if
- Your employer has fewer than five employees and a net income of less than $1 million.
- Sick and safe leave can be used
- To get medical care for yourself
- To care for a family member who is sick
- When your job or your child’s school closes due to a public health emergency
- For your safety or a family member’s safety due to domestic violence, sexual harassment, stalking, or human trafficking.
- Employers can require advanced notice of planned safe and sick leave, but employees are not required to provide advanced notice in emergency situations.
- Employees are NOT required to give details regarding their use of safe and sick leave
- Employees who use more than three days of safe and sick leave in a row can be required to provide documentation to their employer. Employees must be reimbursed for any associated costs.
- Employers must
- Give employees a written safe and sick leave policy which explains employee benefits
- Inform employees of how much safe and sick leave they have used and how much they have remaining.
- Employers cannot retaliate against employees who request, use, or report policy violations of safe and sick time.
Temporary Changes to Work Schedule – Aug 2018
Stop Sexual Harassment Act – Aug 2018
Pregnancy Accommodations at Work – Dec 2017
New York City NY Posting Requirements
Mandatory New York City NY Labor Law Notices
- Minimum Wage
- $15.00 (New York City, 11 or more employees, remains the same, effective 12/31/19)
- $15.00 (New York City, 10 or fewer employees)
- Pregnancy Accommodations at Work
- Temporary Changes to Work Schedule
- Stop Sexual Harassment Act
Other Mandatory Requirements
Employment posters must be posted in a conspicuous location.
- Includes mandatory New York City NY labor law posting requirements
- Available in laminated for durability or environmentally-friendly unlaminated Go Green
- Choose poster only or FREE automatic updates for 1 year
New York City NY poster is 18″w by 24″h
Quality full-color printing
New York Posting Requirements
Mandatory New York Labor Law Notices
- Minimum Wage
- Correction Law
- Time Off to Vote
Submit your review
Poster Compliance Center saves our organization a lot of time
Poster Compliance Center is extremely reliable, accurate, fair-priced and easy to work with. They manage over 85 locations throughout the U.S. for us and back their service with warranty protection. Poster Compliance Center has proven they are accurate and timely in sending all state and federal compliance poster updates to our impacted locations, without any prompting from us. We have been with Poster Compliance Center for a couple years now and couldn’t be happier. Poster Compliance Center saves our organization a lot of time so we can focus on saving lives through cellular therapy at Be The Match.
Sally Anne W.
Truly relieves me of worrying
As the financial administrator it is wonderful having this service to keep us current with our poster compliance for federal and state. It truly relieves me of worrying about this during the year.
The staff is amazing
I had questions about what posters I need in order to stay in compliance in my state. They set me up on their 1-Year Compliance annual poster service and now I know I'm always in compliance.
I do not have to worry about being updated with the latest changes…
The service I receive from Poster Compliance Center is terrific! I know that I do not have to worry about being updated with the latest changes because Poster Compliance Center takes that worry away. I greatly depend on them to keep our company current with the latest law changes and they always come through quickly!