Minimum Wage (Nov 2016)
- The minimum wage increases to $12.50 per hour effective July 1, 2017, to $13.25 effective July 1, 2018, to $14.00 effective July 1, 2019, and to $15.00 effective July 1, 2020.
- For tipped employees, the minimum wage increases to $3.33 per hour effective July 1, 2017, to $3.89 effective July 1, 2018, to $4.45 effective July 1, 2019, and to $5.00 effective July 1, 2020.
- In 2021, the minimum wage will increase annually based on CPI for all employees.
- Newly hired employees 18 years of age or older must be paid the established DC minimum wage immediately upon hire.
Paid Family & Parental Leave – effective March 2019
Minimum Wage – May 2016
Protecting Pregnant Workers – Jun 2015
Unemployment Compensation – Jun 2015
Washington D.C. Posting Requirements
Mandatory Washington D.C. Labor Law Notices
- Minimum Wage – $12.50 effective 7/1/17,
increases to $13.25 on 7/1/18*
- Family and Medical Leave Act*
- Child Labor
- Workers’ Compensation*
- Equal Employment Opportunity*
- Parental Leave*
- Unemployment Compensation
- Accrued Sick & Safe Leave Act*
- Wage Theft Prevention
- Protecting Pregnant Workers*
*Included on Spanish poster
NOTE: Spanish posters may not include all notices published on the English poster and may vary from our standard 18”w x 24”h size since some states do not issue all notices in Spanish.
Mandatory Federal Labor Law Posters
Must also post Federal Labor Law Posters
Washington D.C. notices are on two 18″w x 24″h posters
All-in-one Washington D.C. & Federal poster is 24″w x 36″h
Quality full-color printing
Available in Spanish (Spanish posters may be released later than English posters by government agencies.)
For questions about compliance posters, please call Poster Compliance Center at (800) 322-3636.