Effective January 1, 2008, Missouri’s minimum wage increases to $6.65 per hour.
- Minimum wage poster. Employers are required to post the revised minimum wage poster that reflects the new wage of $6.65 per hour (previously $6.50 per hour).
- Each January 1st increases or decreases will be based on changes in the cost of living as measured by the Consumer Price Index.
- Retail & Service Businesses. The Missouri minimum wage law does not apply to retail or service businesses with annual sales of less than $500,000.
- Tipped Employees. The minimum wage for tipped employees has also been increased – from $3.25 per hour to $3.325 per hour. Employers are required to pay tipped employees at least 50 percent of the minimum wage.
- Overtime compensation. The wording in the minimum wage poster has been revised to read “covered employee” rather than “employee” in the previous version.
The Missouri Department of Labor has informed employers that although a minimum wage notice is not required by law, they must post a summary of the law. The poster issued by the Department’s Division of Labor Standards meets that requirement.
Poster Compliance Center has available the Missouri labor law poster online at postercompliance.com.