Maine – Minimum Wage (November 2020)
- The minimum wage will increase to $12.15 per hour.
- The minimum wage for tipped employees as defined on the notice will increase to $6.08 per hour. If the employee does not earn state minimum wage from weekly earned tips combined with the lower minimum wage, the employer must pay the difference.
- Effective January 1st, 2021.
Maine – Regulations of Employment (November 2020)
- A section on Earned Paid Leave.
- Effective January 1st, 2021,
- Employers with more than 10 employees who are employed for more than 120 days per year must provide paid leave based on the employee’s base pay.
- Paid leave is accrued at one hour for every 40 hours worked, up to 40 hours in one year.
- Accrual of leave begins at the start of employment, but employers are not required to permit the use of paid leave before the 120th day of employment in one year.
- The sections on Severance Pay and Mandatory Overtime have been removed from the notice.
- New Revision date of 10/20.
Order our 1-Year Compliance Plan – Get current posters and 12 months of free labor law poster updates!
Maine Historical Labor Law Updates:
Earned Income Tax Credits — May 2020
Unemployment — Feb 2019
Workers’ Compensation — Feb 2019
Minimum Wage — Nov 2019
Nursing Mothers (new notice) — Nov 2019
Video Display Terminals — Nov 2019
Employment Security — Nov 2019
Child Labor Laws — Nov 2019
Minimum Wage — Apr 2014
Workers Compensation — Apr 2014
Sexual Harassment — Apr 2014
Safe Work for Computer Operators — Apr 2014
Whistleblowers’ Protection — Apr 2014
Unemployment Compensation — Apr 2014
Regulation of EMployment — Apr 2014
Childe Labor Laws — Apr 2014
Unemployment — Sep 2013
Maternity Leave — Sep 2013
Fair Employment Law — Sep 2013
Workers’ Compensation — Sep 2013