Michigan Labor Law Poster
Minimum Wage (January 2019)
- New minimum wage law includes the following stepped increases:
- Effective March 29, 2019, the minimum wage will be $9.45 per hour and the minimum hourly tipped wage will be $3.59.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2020, the minimum wage will be $9.65 per hour and the minimum hourly tipped wage will be $3.67.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2021, the minimum wage will be $9.87 per hour and the minimum hourly tipped wage will be $3.75.
- New Revision Date of 1/2019
Paid Medical Leave Act (January 2019)
- New law, effective March 29, 2019, applies to employers with 50 or more employees.
- Leave is accrued at a rate of 1 hour for every 35 worked, with a maximum of 1 hour per calendar week and 40 hours per benefit year.
- Uses of leave for an employee’s own or a family member’s care include:
- Physical or mental illness
- Domestic violence and sexual assault
- Closure of a workplace or school due to a public health emergency
- New Publication Date of 1/2019
Order OneSystem – Get current posters and all 2019 labor law poster updates free!
Unemployment Compensation – Aug 2018
Youth Employment – Aug 2018
Discrimination – Mar 2017
Minimum Wage – Jan 2017
Michigan Posting Requirements
Mandatory Michigan Labor Law Notices
- Minimum Wage*:
- Effective March 29, 2019 – $9.45 per hour (tipped wage $3.59 per hour)
- Effective January 1, 2020 – $9.65 per hour (tipped wage $3.67 per hour)
- Effective January 1, 2021 – $9.87 per hour (tipped wage $3.75 per hour)
- Unemployment Compensation (Employment Security Act)*
- Safety & Health (MIOSH)*
- SDS (Right to Know)
- New/Revised SDS
- Youth Employment*
- Paid Medical Leave Act
*Included on Spanish poster
NOTE: Spanish posters may not include all notices published on the English poster and may vary from our standard 18”w x 24”h size since some states do not issue all notices in Spanish.
Mandatory Federal Labor Law Posters
Must also post Federal Labor Law Posters
Michigan poster is 18″w x 24″h
All-in-one Michigan & Federal poster is 36″w x 24″h
Quality full-color printing
Available in Spanish (Spanish posters may be released later than English posters by government agencies.)
For questions about compliance posters, please call Poster Compliance Center at (800) 322-3636.