Q: Is Maine’s new Human Trafficking notice a required posting for all employers?
A: The Maine Department of Labor has informed us that the Human Trafficking notice that is on the state’s Required Posters list is only a mandatory posting for employers in certain industries. These include the following locations:
- Department of Labor career centers
- Offices that provide services under the Governor’s Jobs Initiative Program
- Hospitals and other facilities that provide emergency medical services
- Restaurants and lodging places
- Adult entertainment establishments
- Money transfer, check cashing, & foreign exchange services
Because it is our policy to publish labor law posters that include all general required notices for employers, the Human Trafficking notice will not be added to our Maine poster.
As the most reliable resource for mandatory labor law posters, you can always count on Poster Compliance Center to keep you informed about new laws and related employer requirements.